Thursday, November 29, 2012

¡¡Bananas!!


My wonderful friend, Erin Sweeney, came over to my house today to hang out with me and it was great! We hit up the Goodwill Outlet and the St Vincent De Paul thrift store (thrift stores are kinda our thing), got some lunch, and watched the terribly amazing (minus the amazing part) Breaking Dawn part 1 (we're saving part 2 for when she comes to visit me in Guatemala). And we finished off our day together with a quick round of Spanish Bananagrams (minus the quick). It took us so long to just do one round and most of that time was spent with us looking up words that we could use in our Spanish-English dictionaries. I quickly realized that word games are hard enough in a language that you speak fluently (for the most part) and that playing in Spanish (even when the letter frequencies are calculated specifically for Spanish) is crazy hard!! But so fun!




                   

                                                                                        
As I already said, Erin's awesome, and saying goodbye (well....more like "see you when you come visit me") sucked! This whole week has been full of see-you-in-a-year conversations and there are more to come this weekend. I hate it! Can someone just hurry up and invent teleportation, please? Thanks! 
I know that God wants me in G-mala for this next little while in my life because He's been showering me with blessing upon blessing in relation to the trip (which, if you've read my post about One Thousand Gifts, has made having a heart of thanksgiving [eucharisteo] quite easy), yet I can't help but be sad that I'll be without all of my favorite people for a still undetermined amount of time. I'm incredibly excited for this upcoming chapter in my life and I can't wait to see the things that God has planned for me, but as I lay here in my bed, surrounded by the walls that have contained my life and all my stuff for the last 20 years, I am comfortable and satisfied. What could be better? I love how God always catches me off guard. :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment