Tuesday, October 8, 2013

This country ain't big enough for two redheads...

In Toto
So my super awesome friend, Erin, showed up last week on Sunday. Instead of letting her sleep and get settled in when she first arrived, I drug her to my apartment just to dump her stuff and then made her go to a soccer game with me. Good thing she's not a whiner. We spent a week playing in Xela (by which I mean, I had to work everyday, but after work we got to walk around and while I was at work she got to explore by herself). In one week we went to Megapaca (only the greatest thrift store ever!!!) 3 times....every trip brought us more treasures. On her last day in Xela my friend Ivan offered to take us on a church tour (which was really, "Lisa, I'm too tired to drive, you drive and I'll tell you where to go."). So we went to Totonicapán, San Francisco El Alto, San Cristóbal, San Andrés Xecul, and Salcajá. I'd only been to the ones in San Andrés Xecul and Salcajá so it was cool to see the other ones.
In San Cristobal
Of course, we told people that we were sisters...different dads. Don't think we quite convinced anyone, but it was worth a try. We also spent a little time planning our big 2-week adventure that's going to start next week. Erin said that if we could drive to Scranton, PA and back in 2 weeks, imagine what we could do in Central America with 2 weeks.....so true!! Except that the roads here suck so it takes a lot longer to get from place to place. That being said, more detailed planning is underway and it looks like we'll be hitting up Tikal, Belize (I can't wait to just be on a beach!!!), Lake Izabal, and Semuc Champey...maybe some other places too, we'll see. I'm super stoked to visit these new places with my half sister!! If you're sitting at home worrying about 2 awesome girls traveling alone for 2 weeks in Central America, don't. Erin packs a mean kick!!
In SF el Alto



I have no clue why she didn't want to buy a toothbrush from a thrift store!!



In Salcaja

San Andres Xecul

No comments:

Post a Comment