Friday, February 1, 2013

It's official!

I am officially employed here in Xela, and thus I've bought my plane ticket to return to Guatemala in March and stay until the first week of November! I am so excited to be working for the Academia Europea! They're really organized (at least in comparison to some other schools I've seen here), all the staff I've met so far are really nice and super helpful, and the pay is pretty good (by Guatemalan standards). The only draw-back right now is that I'll only be working on Saturdays, but there's always potential for gaining more teaching hours. Also at the school, as a teacher, I get 3 free hours a week of Spanish class! Which is nothing compared to 25 hours a week of one-on-one classes, but it's great to have a class where I can still learn little-by-little and share some laughs. I'm super duper looking forward to this opportunity to gain experience teaching and to spend more time here in Guatemala! Of course, I'm going to miss home (and all the great people who make it feel like home) like crazy, but I'm incredibly stoked to see what more God has for me here.
 My first day of teaching is tomorrow and I've been in training all this past week. I'm super nervous, but I can't wait to start! I look forward to telling you fun stories about my classes! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment