Saturday, October 13, 2012

Self-defense class



Today was my self-defense class and it was super legit! I was a bit skeptical before it all started; first, when you register they have you choose a name that you'll go by during the seminar (something or someone you aspire to) and I thought that was kinda weird because it just seemed irrelevant. Then, I never heard anything back from them after I sent all my stuff in, but they cashed my check, so I was really hoping I didn't just get scammed out of $75. And finally, it's just a one-day program and I was really unsure as to whether or not I could learn everything I needed to know in one day. Wow!
I can't really say a whole lot about the program details because I signed a confidentiality thing so that it doesn't get ruined for other people who want to do it, but it was so great! I learned so much and now I really feel like if anything happens to me in Guatemala I'll know what to do. Basically, all I wanna say about it is that it was amazing and even though it seemed sketchy at first, it was 100% worth it! If you're in the Tacoma area and you want to spend a day learning how to respond to dangerous situations I totes recommend the Courage Quest class at SFPPS (I think it's only for ages 18+, but you don't have to be in a specific physical shape to totally rock it).

No comments:

Post a Comment