Thursday, March 28, 2013

And then there were four...

I had the great opportunity to head back to the states last week on Tuesday and stay for a week. It was exhausting! But I'm so glad I got to see so many people in such a short time. I've already told you about my long day of travel to get home, now let me tell you about my crazy week back home.

After spending too much time in transit, I had a very busy Wednesday full of familiar faces. Hanging out with Sarah Sheps making delicious goodness, an attempt at ultimate frisbee that really just turned into running around like crazy people and freezing, playing games and eating said delicious goodness back at home with more familiar faces, and finished off with dinner with Seth's parents. Thursday morning was a little bit more relaxed, but still busy trying to make sure I had everything I needed for my mom's wedding and then we headed up north in the afternoon. We spent all of 5 minutes at Josh and Jenna's before leaving for the reptile zoo (so cool!!) and capped it off with sandwiches at the Sultan bakery (you haven't been there? you must go!). Friday was a whirlwind of skyping with Seth before he peaced out to Russia, rushing to the church before the secretary left so that we could let my mom in when she brought the cakes, going to a nail salon that cost way too much money (but my nails will be purple forever!! or at least until they grow themselves clean), running to a St Vincent De Paul to buy a swimming suit so that I could rock the hot-tub at Rachel's hotel (btw, if you've never gone shopping with my niece, Mina, you have to, she's simply adorable!! She'd climb through the clothes to get to the other side of the rack, then tell me to come too, I'd tell her I was too big and she'd tell me to try it, I fit, and then she'd say, "You fit just like me!"), rehearsal dinner and rehearsal, then I passed out on Josh's living room floor. Saturday was the wedding day and everything went great and it was beautiful and the reception was great and it was sunny outside and relatively warm (a HUGE difference from the giant snowflakes from the day before!), and after cleaning everything up I jetted down to camp to visit the Millers and Carol (and Rory, but I'd already seen him, so I don't know if he really counts again, haha!). Left camp pretty late and crashed as soon as I got home. I hit up the early service at First Pres, then sped over to the service at South Lakeshore. Right after church I had to meet Tim, Rachel, Mina, Steve, and Jonathan at Pt D to hang out for a bit, then speed over to Tukwila to meet some friends for lunch, then race back home to hang out with Josh and Jenna and Jaxon again. Monday was fairly chill, just some last-minute stuff I had to pick up and Steve hosted a Passover Seder at our house and then I went to bed. Then Tuesday it was back to the airport. We made it to Guate and stayed in a hotel there, then took a bus yesterday morning to Xela. We did a hike this morning and then picked up Steve from the bus station this evening. Now we just get to enjoy the holy week processionals!
So my vacation week was probably anything but a vacation, but it was so great to be back home (even if it was only for a few days) and now I'm so excited to have my dad, BK, and Steve here to explore with me. Also, I have four parents now....that's weird, but I'm super stoked for my mom and Mark, I can't wait to actually get to spend some time with them when I get back home for good. :)





Santiaguito erupting at the top of our hike this morning 

No comments:

Post a Comment